In case you missed it I'm co-organizing the Boulder Civic Hackfest coming up 6/1 & 6/2 as part of the National Day of Civic Hacking. Some people have asked me whether they belong at such an event because they don't code. The short answer: yes, you belong.
Not sure what civic hacking is?
Take a peek at this short video about civic hacking:
You belong if
- You are not sure how you belong but want to be involved.
- You are a citizen with thoughts on how technology can solve civic problems with open data. We need ideas for problems to solve!
- You are an open data provider or other subject matter expert.
- You are a developer evangelist for an API or service that developers may be interested in integrating into an application.
- You are a developer who wants to hack on an open source project to make the world a better place.
- You are a designer who wants to hack on an open source project to make the world a better place.
I'd love to see at the event - register for the Boulder Civic Hackfest here.